“At Wingate we strive to ensure that the quality of education is always our number one priority. We do this by investing heavily in our staff; using stringent recruiting techniques and keeping a high teacher to student ratio. The education we provide is second to none, and our results speak for themselves; our children leave school as happy, confident, well rounded individuals with the best qualifications they can achieve.”
CEO at Wingate School
A British Education
Creating a school environment which:
- Welcomes, respects, includes and promotes students from different cultures and backgrounds
- Cares, nurtures and supports all our students
- Enables students to feel safe and secure
- Encourages students to be independent thinkers, capable of communicating ideas and opinions
Contributing to a positive, friendly and supportive atmosphere by:
- Teaching students to demonstrate respect for adults, teachers and other students
- Providing a sense of well being and security within Wingate’s community
- Showing them respect as young learners and help them with any difficulties that they may encounter
Providing high quality learning experiences which:
- Are provided by talented and highly qualified staff
- Support, stretch and challenge students to reach and exceed their potential
- Encourage students to become independent learners both in and out of school
Developing the ‘whole student’ through:
- Effective and supportive personal development with tutorial and pastoral care arrangements
- Structured programmes of Personal, Social and Health Education
- Involvement in enrichment activities
- Participation in initiatives where they can work independently and collectively to support local communities
Providing clear guided routes for our students into further study and/or employment by:
- Partnering with Unifrog to help our students give them the best advantage possible to access university
- Encouraging students to undertake work experience in the holidays to enhance their university or job applications and help make a well-rounded individual
- Providing the needed skills and education to students during their time at Wingate to grow them into open minded, creative and innovative well-rounded individuals
We prepare our pupils for life after school, not just by giving them a broad and well balanced education but also by instilling correct values and attitudes to give them the best start in life. We nurture a love of learning, alongside a stimulating and inspiring learning journey to achieve these goals. Our exam results speak for themselves IGCSE and A-level.
With small class sizes (current student to teacher ratios are 13:1 for the whole school), your child gets the individual attention necessary for them to thrive. Children are known personally by their teachers which not only gives the children a feeling of self worth and improves their self confidence, but also allows the staff to carefully monitor the child’s development.
We recognise and acknowledge the unique spirit and talent of each individual child. Children have a sense of belonging in a supportive and happy environment where their range of talents and creativity will be nurtured enabling them to achieve excellence.
We expect high standards of behaviour of our pupils at all times and have full control of which students are allowed to study at Wingate. This ensures that the learning environment around your child is correctly maintained. We encourage respectful, open and tolerant attitudes towards other pupils and the students are responsive to this. Have a look at our school policies here
We have a robust recruiting process and full control of our employment policies to ensure the best teachers are always at Wingate. We know how important having quality staff is to the education of your child and, at this school, teachers are highly valued and respected. They are all dedicated to creating a genuine love of learning within each pupil and are trained to promote independent thinking throughout the school.
The level of English in the school is second to none in the whole of Spain. All subjects (except Spanish Language) are taught by native English qualified teachers. Your child is surrounded constantly by high quality English (by staff and other students) and soon becomes fluent. With 4 full time native Spanish teachers teaching your child up to 5 classes a week, the level of Spanish in the school is maintained at a high level, preparing the children also for a career in Spain.
All our senior students from Year 5 onward work with Chromebooks and Google Classroom full time, Years 3 & 4 have access to a class set. This enables them to develop their computer skills and prepares them for a career in a modern office. They research class material, do their homework, play creative learning games, read their textbooks, give presentations… and more, all on their own personal laptop.
With over 20 different nationalities at the school and a very active approach to diversity, students are prepared to be a part of a global community where attitudes and experiences are shared. An understanding and consideration of others is not just taught but also experienced.
Parents are welcome to discuss their child's education at anytime - we believe that the partnership of parents and teachers is vital to achieve the child's full potential. In the Infant and Junior department we regularly invite the parents to Open Classes to see their child learning for themselves. We have Open Days throughout the whole school where parents discuss their children’s development directly with the individual teacher.
This strict 3 day evaluation by 4 highly trained inspectors analyses all aspects of a school's education program and staff abilities and has rated Wingate as a “Good” school. Only 112 overseas British schools in the world (and only 10 in Spain) have achieved Good or better.