Work with us
Are you interested in working within our ever expanding, dynamic team?
How to apply
- Check the available job vacancies listed below
- Download and complete the Staff Application form
- Send the form together with an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wingate School undertakes to safeguard the children in our care. Applicants must agree to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the position. This will include checks with previous employers, DBS checks from each country that you have worked and lived in, Prohibition Checks and site of all original documentation (list of documentation required can be obtained from the school) and social media sites, before confirming an offer of employment.
External applicants who submit an application form and/or a Curriculum Vitae hereby accept that the personal data collected, in accordance with the provisions of the European Data Protection Regulation (679/2016), will be held in a file for the duration of the recruitment and selection process. The file is the responsibility of Wingate School SL. The purpose of the file is to evaluate the suitability of applicants and forms part of the selection process. Relevant safety measures are in place and applied to protect the data.
Applicants may exercise their rights to access by contacting Wingate School SL or by email at: protecciondedatos@
Currently 1 post available.
Scroll down to see more
Science and Maths Teacher with possible Deputy Head of Senior school
Updated. March 2023
Responsible to: The Head of Wingate School and Head of Seniors. As a Science and Maths teacher at Wingate School, you must carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the school’s policies under the direction of the Head. You are expected to be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge and takes responsibility for the well-being, teaching, and learning of your students. Any extra roles and responsibilities will be added as an addition to your teaching role. Wingate has recently undergone Inspection and is now “Outstanding in every area” and now ranks in the top percentile of schools in the world.
Teaching & Learning:
- To manage student learning through effective teaching in accordance with the Curriculum Area’s schemes of work – iGCSE and iAL Science and KS3 Maths
- To carry out lesson planning and maintain records
- To use a variety of methods and approaches (including differentiation) to match curricular objectives to the range of student needs
- To assess students’ work regularly and use the results to inform effective planning, teaching, monitoring and progression
- To keep an accurate register of students for each lesson
- To use positive management of behaviour in an environment of mutual respect which allows students to feel safe and secure, and promotes their self-esteem
- To use the School Reporting procedures and to liaise affectively with parents as necessary
- To work effectively as a member of the Department team to improve the quality of teaching and learning
- To use the student tracking systems in place to assist monitoring and progression
Deputy Head of Seniors:
- Work under the direction of the Head of Senior School
- Deputise for the Head when required
- Undertake responsibilities across the Senior School including discipline, merits , reports, teaching standards, managing staff, managing students,organising curriculum
- Highly organised and efficient
- Student welfare and engagement
- Liaison with parents
- Marketing and communication
- Data processing and reporting
- Exam entries, processing, and results
Pastoral Care Responsibilities:
- Every subject or class teacher is expected to take pastoral responsibility for all children in their care.
- This may include performing the role of a Pastoral Tutor.
- Class Pastoral Tutor:
- To be present and punctual for Lines and Tutor times
- To mark the register accurately twice each day and inform the Office of any patterns of lateness or repeated incidents of lateness
- To supervise the class in the classroom during the 15-minute lunch break
- To monitor the academic progress, conduct, and attendance of those students in their tutor group
- To monitor standards of uniform/hair, etc., and deal with any infringements as per the school Behaviour Policy and Uniform Policy
- To deal with routine administration, e.g. letters to parents/guardians, issuing examination timetables etc.
- To be the first point of contact for parents with any questions or concerns
- To report causes of concern on safeguarding issues as per the Child Protection Policy
- To recognise and celebrate the achievement and success of their students
- To deliver components of the pastoral and PSHE curriculum in Tutor Time and PSHE lessons
- To contribute to assemblies and school events to oversee the tutor group
- To signpost students requiring extra support
- To liaise with the Head of Key Stage and subject leaders as necessary
- To utilise the tracking systems in place to guide mentoring of your tutor group students
- To abide by the Teachers Standards set by the UK Department for Education both personally and professionally
- To arrive in class, on or before the start of the lesson, and to begin and end lessons at the stated time
- To cover for absent colleagues as is reasonable, fair, and equitable
- To co-operate with the employer in all matters concerning Health and Safety and specifically to take reasonable care of their own Health & Safety, and that of any other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work
- To be familiar with and support all the school’s policies and procedures
- To follow the terms and regulations of the School Data Protection Policy
- To undertake any reasonable task as agreed with the Curriculum Area/ Subject Leader
- To make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
Suitably experienced candidates should complete the online teachers’ application on the school website and submit this with an up-to-date CV, application letter, and passport-sized recent photograph to email@example.com please put Science and Maths Teacher with possible Deputy Head of Senior school in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.